Welcome to the Hawaii Island News update from Hawaii News Digest.
Today’s post is from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency and updates Hawaii Island residents about the current Coronavirus pandemic.
Views expressed in this Hawaii News summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
Content supplied by the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency and the State of Hawaii Department of Health.
Accessed on 22 March 2020, 2205 UTC, Post 20471.
Source (email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency):
Please click link or scroll down to read your selection.
Incident: Coronavirus Update Message
This is your Civil Defense message.
This is a Coronavirus informational update for Sunday, March 22 at 9:00 in the morning.
On State of Hawaii Updates:
- Yesterday By order of the Governor of Hawaii, starting March 26th, all passengers on inbound international and Continental U.S. flights including private aircraft will be subject to a mandatory 14-day quarantine upon arrival.
- There are no cruise ships scheduled for Hawaii State for the next 2 weeks and policies on this will be addressed later.
- Mandatory quarantine protects the population from persons that may have potentially been exposed to the coronavirus and will be required by law to be isolated and monitored.
The following is an update on your Hawaii County:
- Three individuals on Hawaii Island are in quarantine and being monitored by the Department of Health after testing positive for coronavirus. All 3 are travel related.
- To minimize the potential of exposure at County and State Beach Parks all beaches are Closed.
- County personnel are working 7 days a week to keep you safe, crews have been out sanitizing public areas to lower the risk of coronavirus.
Additionally, your help is needed to prevent rumors about Coronavirus. Make sure your information is up-to-date and comes from a credible source. For more information regarding Coronavirus visit:
- Hawaii County has opened a call center to answer any of your questions concerning coronavirus in operation 7-7 daily at 935-0031.
- For details of the Governor’s order and more information on coronavirus, please visit hawaiicounty.gov/coronavirus.
Your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency will continue to give you daily updates and you will be notified of any changes that may affect your safety.
Thank you for listening. Stay well.
This is your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and Hawaii Sports News, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
http://hawaiicounty.gov/coronavirus (Hawaii County coronavirus website)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (the daily update)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (breaking Hawaii News).