Welcome to the Hawaii Island News update from Hawaii News Digest.
Top Story: This post discusses the latest Coronavirus update from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Views expressed in this Hawaii News summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
Content supplied by the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency and the State of Hawaii Department of Health.
Accessed on 17 March 2020, 2155 UTC, Post 20440.
Source (email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency):
Please click link or scroll down to read your selections.
This is a Civil Defense message.
This is a Coronavirus informational update for Tuesday, March 17 at 10:00 in the morning.
On Department of Health Updates:
- The Department of Health reports that there areNO cases of coronavirus on Hawaii Island.
- The Department of Health, along with Hawaii Island healthcare partners, has established coronavirus test facilities in Hawaii County at the following locations;
o Hilo Medical Center
o Kona Community Hospital
o And, North Hawaii Community Hospital
- In order to be tested, please be advised that your physician or a health clinic must prescribe the test to be done, and you must have a valid ID and an insurance card. For those who do not have a healthcare doctor or insurance, evaluation will be conducted at the Emergency Room.
Update on Shipping:
- The Department of Transportation reports the Holland America Maasdam cruise ship, withNO cases of coronavirus reported onboard, which was scheduled to arrive in Hilo on Friday, will NOT be docking in Hilo.
The following is a Community Advisory on Keeping Hawaii Safe:
- As a reminder,You can make a difference right now by staying informed, following health advisories, and taking action to protect yourself and your family.
- Please continue following general hygiene practices of washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water and by disinfecting and sanitizing frequently touched surfaces.
Other Additional Information:
- In order to properly clean and disinfect public school facilities, the Department of Education announced that Spring Break, which started yesterday is extended to March 30th.
For more information regarding Coronavirus, Hawaii County has opened a call center to answer any of your questions concerning coronavirus in operation daily at 935-0031.
Your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency will continue to give you daily updates and you will be notified of any changes that may affect your safety.
Have a safe day.
This is your Civil Defense Agency.
NOTE: “West Hawaii Today” has informed us that COVID-19 testing IS NOT BEING CONDUCTED at the Kona Community Hospital. Here’s the link:
For the latest Hawaii Island, Hawaii State, West Hawaii, and Hawaii Sports News, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,