Welcome to the Hawaii Island News update from Hawaii News Digest.
Top Story: Coronavirus Update for Hawaii Island.
Views expressed in this Hawaii Island News summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
Content supplied by the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency and the State of Hawaii Department of Health.
Accessed on 15 March 2020, 2100 UTC, Post 20427.
Source (email from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency).
Please click link or scroll down to read your selections.
This is a Civil Defense message.
This is a Coronavirus informational update for Sunday, March 15 at 9:00 in the morning.
On Department of Health Updates:
- Department of Health reports that there are no cases of coronavirus on Hawaii Island.
- Department of Health reports this morning that there are 2 new presumptive cases of coronavirus in the State of Hawaii; 1 on Oahu and 1 on Maui. Tests were conducted at private laboratories and are currently pending confirmation at a state public health laboratory. Both individuals on Oahu and Maui are in isolation and under Department of Health observation.
Update on Cargo Shipping:
- As for the supply of goods into the State of Hawaii, the Department of Transportation and our shipping companies confirm transportation operations from the west coast and inter-island will remain as scheduled and there is no need to hoard food.
- Please continue following general hygiene practices, such as using soap and water when available, to help curb shortages.
- To avoid shortages and assure supplies of sanitation and cleaning products are available for all, we ask foryour help to limit your number of items and be mindful of others when purchasing.
The following is a Community Advisory on Keeping Hawaii Safe:
- As a reminder, the community must come together and take action to prevent the spread of coronavirus to our Island. You can make a difference right now by staying informed, following health advisories, and taking action to protect yourself and your family.
Your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency will continue to give you daily updates and you will be notified of any changes that may affect your safety.
Thank you for listening.
Have a safe day.
This is your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and Hawaii Sports News, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,