Welcome to the Hawaii Island News update from Hawaii News Digest.
Top Story: Here’s the latest coronavirus update from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Views expressed in this Hawaii News summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
Content supplied by the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Accessed on 10 March 2020, 2020 UTC, Post 20399.
Source (email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency).
This is a Civil Defense message.
This is a Coronavirus informational update for Tuesday, March 10 at 9 in the morning.
The following is a Department of Health Update:
- The Department of Health reports no new positive coronavirus cases in Hawaii. The two existing cases are in isolation and under observation on Oahu.
- The Department of Health continues their investigation of passengers on flight HA 21 from Seattle to Honolulu on March 4th to determine their risk, if any, to exposure. Your Civil Defense Agency will inform you of any threats to your health.
- At this time Department of Health reports NO Health Advisories for the State of Hawaii.
Up Date on Cruise Ship Grand Princess:
- The Department of Health continues to investigate if the Grand Princess cruise ship passengers posed any threat to Hawaii residents when it was docked at the Port of Hilo on Saturday, February 29. You will be kept informed of the results of the investigation.
The following National travel policies are in effect:
- The Department of State “Do Not Travel” advisories for China and Iran remain in effect, “Reconsider Travel” advisories have been issued for Italy, Mongolia, and South Korea, and “Exercise Increased Caution Travel” advisories continue for Hong Kong, Japan, and Macau.
- In addition, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend you not travel to China, Iran, Italy, and South Korea.
- For your information, as the coronavirus conditions change rapidly, you should verify Department of State and CDC travel and health advisories for where you are going before finalizing your travel plans.
The following is a Community Advisory on Keeping Hawaii Safe:
- As a reminder, we all need to do our part to keep our Island and `Ohana (family) safe.
- If you feel sick with cold or flu-like symptoms, the Department of Health recommends the following measures be taken;
o Stay home from work or school.
o Avoid contact with others
o Seek medical care with your doctor or health care clinic.
Additionally, your help is needed to prevent rumors about Coronavirus. Make sure your information is up-to-date and comes from a credible source. For more information regarding Coronavirus visit:
- Hawaii County has opened a call center to answer any of your questions concerning coronavirus in operation 7-7 daily at 935-0031.
- Department of Health website at www.health.hawaii.gov or;
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov.
- You may also call the Department of Health at 974-6001 or after-hours at 211.
Your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency will continue to give you daily updates and you will be notified of any changes that may affect your safety.
Thank you for listening. Have a great day.
This is your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and Hawaii Sports News, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,