Welcome to the Coronavirus update from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Views expressed in this Hawaii Island News summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
Content supplied by the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency and the State of Hawaii Department of Health.
Accessed on 08 March 2020, 0255 UTC, Post 20384.
Source (email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency):
Please click link or scroll down to read your selections.
This is a Civil Defense message.
This is a Coronavirus informational update for Saturday, March 7 at 10:30 in the morning.
The following is a Department of Health Update:
- The Department of Health reports there is 1 positive coronavirus case in Hawaii and in isolation and under observation on Oahu.
- The Department of Health has NO Health Advisories for the State of Hawaii at this time.
Up Date on Cruise Ship Grand Princess:
- The Department of Health continues investigation of the Grand Princess cruise ship which visited Hilo on Saturday February 29.
- The Grand Princess is currently in San Francisco, California and testing other passengers for coronavirus.
- The Department of Health is identifying any threat these passengers may have posed when they visited Hawaii and the risk to residents.
The following National travel policies are in effect:
The Department of State “Do Not Travel” advisories for China and Iran remain in effect, “Reconsider Travel” advisories have been issued for Italy, Mongolia, and South Korea, and “Exercise Increased Caution Travel” advisories continue for Hong Kong, Japan, and Macau.
- In addition, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend you not travel to China, Iran, Italy, and South Korea.
- For your information, as the coronavirus conditions change rapidly, you should verify Department of State and CDC travel and health advisories for where you are going before finalizing your travel plans.
The following is a Community Advisory on Keeping Hawaii Safe:
- As a reminder, we all need to do our part to keep our island and `Ohana (family) safe.
- Follow good hygiene practices and cover your cough and sneeze and wash or sanitize hands often.
- If you are sick with cold or flu-like symptoms please stay home.
Additionally, your help is needed to prevent rumors about Coronavirus. Make sure your information is up-to-date and comes from a credible source. For more information regarding Coronavirus visit:
Hawaii County has opened a call center to answer any of your questions concerning coronavirus in operation 7-7 daily at 935-0031.
- Department of Health website atwww.health.hawaii.gov or;
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website atwww.cdc.gov.
- You may also call the Department of Health at 974-6001 or after-hours at 211.
Your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency will continue to give you daily updates and you will be notified of any changes that may affect your safety.
Have a safe weekend.
This is your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and Hawaii Sports News, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,