Welcome to the Hawaii Island News update from Hawaii News Digest.
Top Story: The state of Hawaii Department of Health reports NO cases of the novel coronavirus in Hawaii.
Views expressed in this Hawaii News summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
Accessed on 06 February 2020, 0405 UTC, Post 20234.
Source: Email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Please click link or scroll down to read the full message.
“This is an important message from Hawaii County Alerts and Notifications:
This is a Civil Defense message.
This is a Coronavirus informational update for Wednesday afternoon, February 5.
The Department of Health reports there are NO cases of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in Hawaii.
To reduce your risk, be aware of the following actions you can take:
- If you have been to China in the last fourteen days and you have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, contact your doctor.
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention does NOT currently recommend the use of facemasks among the general public.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water and cover your cough and sneezing with a tissue and dispose in the trash.
The County of Hawaii has prepared an Informational pamphlet on the most frequently asked questions about the coronavirus. Pamphlet distribution will begin this Friday at schools, senior centers, libraries, and county offices.
Be aware that an inaccurate claim of an infected person at the Hilo Medical Center was posted on social media yesterday. Help us prevent the spread of misinformation by confirming information with official sources. The Department of Health and the Civil Defense Agency are available to answer your questions.
For more information, please call:
- Civil Defense at 935-0031,
- Department of Health at 974-6001,
- Department of Health After-hours at 211
This is your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.”
For the latest Hawaii Island, Hawaii State, West Hawaii, and Hawaii Sports News, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (the daily update).
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (breaking Hawaii News).