Welcome to a Hawaii County Civil Defense update from Hawaii News Digest.
Views expressed in this Hawaii Island News summary are those of the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Accessed on 05 July 2019, 0510 UTC, Post 19148.
Source (via email):
Please scroll down to read the complete Civil Defense Message.
“Flash Flood Advisory – South Kohala – Pohakuloa
4:23 PM (2 hours ago)
A message from COUNTY OF HAWAII
This is a Civil Defense Flood Advisory message for July 4th at 4:00 in the afternoon.
The National Weather Service has issued a Flood Advisory until this evening for areas of Waimea, Waikoloa, Waikii in South Kohala to Pohakuloa on Saddle Road.
A Flood Advisory means localized flooding may occur.
Due to the Flood Advisory, the following are issued:
- Residents in flood prone areas remain alert for flooding conditions.
- Stay away from streams, drainage ditches, and low-lying areas prone to flooding.
- Rainfall and runoff may cause hazardous driving conditions due to ponding, reduced visibility, and poor braking.
- Be aware that road closures may occur without notice.
- Do not attempt to cross fast flowing or rising water; turn around don’t drown.
- Be on the alert for malfunctioning traffic signals. Treat flashing traffic lights as a 4-way stop.
- Remember, if lightning threatens your area, the safest place to be is indoors.
Stay tuned to your radio for updates and changes in conditions.
This is your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.”
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and Hawaii Sports News, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily.
Other news sources:
Central Pacific Hurricane Center: https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/cphc/
Hawaii Island surf report: https://www.orchidlandsurf.com/surfreports/
BBC World News video: https://www.bbc.com/news/av/10462520/one-minute-world-news
My online newsletter: https://hawaiinewsdigest.com
Latest science news: https://hawaiisciencedigest.net
Geopolitics, terrorism, cyber security: https://hawaiiintelligencedaily.com
Until next time,