Accessed on 13 September 2018, 0039 UTC, Post #17635.
Email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the current status of Tropical Storm Olivia:
This is a Civil Defense Tropical Storm Olivia update for Wednesday, September 12 at 9:30 in the morning.
The Central Pacific Hurricane Center reports that Tropical Storm Olivia continues to dissipate as it moves west across Maui. Although the tropical storm threat has passed, Hawaii Island remains under a Flash Flood Watch and isolated heavy rain and thunderstorms could still occur. A High Surf Advisory is also in effect for the east facing shores of the island.
For your information:
- All County parks are open except for Spencer Beach Park, which is closed until Friday for routine maintenance.
- The Waimea Community Center emergency shelter is now closed.
- All schools and roads on Hawaii Island are open at this time.
This will be the final daily weather update unless conditions change that could affect your safety.
Lower East Rift Zone eruption information:
- Today is the last day to register for FEMA and SBA assistance.
- The Pahoa Community Center shelter will close on September 17.
- The Disaster Recovery Center will close on September 29.
Thank you for your cooperation and patience over the past few months. Please have a safe day. This is your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.”
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,