Accessed on 27 August 2018, 0548 UTC, Post #17525.
Email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the latest storm recovery and road repair update from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
This is a Civil Defense update for Sunday, August 26 at 4:00 in the afternoon.
The Department of Public Works, partnering with the American Red Cross and local CERT teams, began the process of damage assessment from Hurricane Lane today. To report flood damage from the storm, please call 808-643-5555.
Rain will continue through early next week so please be careful when travelling on the roads. Closures may occur without any notice.
- The National Weather Service forecasts heavy rain and thunderstorms in the area of north and south Kona.
For your additional information:
- All schools will be open tomorrow.
- All County Parks and facilities will be open tomorrow.
- All State Parks and facilities are open except the Wailoa Visitor’s Center.
- All DLNR outdoor recreation areas and reserves will remain closed for further assessment.
- State Highways reports all major roads are open; use caution on Highway 11 and 19 as each have a one lane closures and on-going repairs.
The Hawaii State Department of Health is advising the public to stay out of streams, coastal, and standing waters that are contaminated by storm water. Storm water may contain harmful micro-organisms from overflowing cesspools or septic tanks as well as animal waste washed into streams and storm drains.
The current map of road closures can be found here: http://www.hawaiicounty.gov/2018-hurricane-map
Thank you and please be safe. This is your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.”
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,