Accessed on 01 August 2018, 1943 UTC, Post #17335.
Email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here is the latest eruption and lava flow update from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency:
This is a Civil Defense message for Wednesday, August 1 at 6:00 in the morning.
The Hawaiian Volcano Observatory reports earthquakes continue at the Kilauea Summit. Fissure 8 continues to erupt sending lava flows into the ocean at Ahalanui; creating a large laze plume. As of last evening the Western edge of the flow had not advanced southward and remained approximately 500 feet from the Pohoiki Boat Ramp at Isaac Hale Park.
State Highways reports no new cracks on Highway 11, but request motorists stay on the pavement and be alert for changes in roadway conditions between mile markers 28 and 32.
The following guidelines remain in effect:
- Check all utility connections of water, gas, and electricity for potential damage from earthquake activity.
- Do not access the active flow field due to the extreme hazard of overflows and other breakouts.
- The ocean entry continues to produce a “laze” plume. Stay out of the plume to avoid exposure to hydrochloric acid and glass particles, which can irritate the skin, eyes, and lungs.
Disaster assistance is available island-wide to individuals and businesses in Hawaii County that have been affected by the Kilauea eruption.
- The Disaster Recovery Center is located at the Pahoa Community Center. Hours of operation are 8 AM to 6 PM weekdays and 8 AM to 4 PM on Saturdays.
- Access placards are available at the Civil Defense office located at 920 Ululani Street in Hilo.
We are on watch 24-hours a day for your safety.
This is your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.”
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (Hawaii News Digest)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (Hawaii News Headlines)
https://hawaiiinternationalnews.blogspot.com (World News)
https://hawaiisciencedigest.com (Hawaii Science Digest)
https://hawaiiintelligencedigest.com (geopolitics, terrorism, international affairs, and cybersecurity)