Accessed on 17 July 2018 2357 UTC, Post #17233.
Email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the current eruption and lava flow information from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency:
This is a Civil Defense Message for Tuesday, July 17 at 6:00 in the morning.
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory reports that Fissure 8 continues to erupt lava into the channel heading northeast toward Kapoho into the ocean near Ahalanui.
The following policies remain in effect:
- Be aware that spill overs of the channel and other breakouts are possible on the active flow field.
- Do not access the active flow field due to extreme hazard.
Disaster assistance is available island-wide to individuals and businesses in Hawaii County that have been affected by the Kilauea eruption.
- The Disaster Recovery Center located at the Keaau High School Gym is open daily from 8 AM to 6 PMweekdays and 8 AM to 4 PM Saturdays, closed Sundays. If you need a ride, buses run between the two shelters and the Disaster Recovery Center.
- Placards are available 2018at the Civil Defense office located at 920 Ululani Street in Hilo.
- Community meeting tonight at 5:00 pm at the Pahoa High School Cafeteria.
We are on watch 24-hours a day for your safety.
This is your Hawai‘i County Civil Defense Agency.”
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sport news, please check the blog sidebar and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,