Accessed on 08 July 2018, 0442 UTC, Post #17168.
Email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the current eruption and lava flow report from the Hawaii County Civil Defensed Agency.
This is a Civil Defense Message for Saturday, July 7 at 4:00 in the afternoon.
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory reports that Fissure 8 remains active and is feeding a lava channel to the ocean at Kapoho. The flow is producing a broad ocean entry along the shoreline, and continues to expand into Kapoho Beach Lots and the Four Corners intersection.
The following policies remain in effect:
• Four Corners and Kapoho Beach Lots are closed to any access.
• Be aware that spill overs of the channel and other breakouts are possible on the active flow field, do not access the active flow field due to extreme hazard.
The National Weather Service has issued a high surf advisory for south and east shores and forecast potential thunderstorms for the island of Hawaii. Heavy rainfall has been reported at the Kailua-Kona area. The advisory remains in effect until 6:00 am tomorrow.
Due to the potential thunderstorms, the following advisories are issued:
• Be aware of lightning; the best place to be is indoors.
• Expect possible interruptions in your utility services.
Due to the potential of flooding, the following advisories are issued:
- Residents in flood-prone areas are advised to be on the alert for possible flooding conditions.
- Motorist are urged to exercise caution while driving. Road closures may occur without notice.
- Persons near streams and rivers must remain alert for changing conditions.
We are on watch 24-hours a day for your safety.
This is your Hawai‘i County Civil Defense Agency.
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebar and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (Hawaii News Digest)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (Hawaii News Headlines)
https://hawaiiinternationalnews.blogspot.com (World News)
https://hawaiisciencedigest.com (Hawaii Science Digest)