Accessed on 06 July 2018, 0346 UTC, Post #17155.
Email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the latest eruption and lava flow information from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency. The report also contains highway updates for lower Puna and more information about the Disaster Recovery Center at the Keaau High School Gym.
This is a Civil Defense Message for Thursday, July 5 at 4:00 in the afternoon.
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory reports that Fissure 8 continues to be very active and is feeding a lava channel to the ocean at Kapoho. The flow is producing a broad ocean entry along the shoreline, and continues to expand into Kapoho Beach Lots and the Four Corners intersection.
The following policies are issued.
- Four Corners and Kapoho Beach Lots are closed to any access.
- Be aware that spill overs of the channel and other breakouts are possible on the active flow field, do not access the active flow field due to extreme hazard.
Kamaili Road is open to residents only.
- The air quality along Kamaili Road can be poor, so avoid the area if possible.
- MacKenzie Beach Park and the lava flow across Highway 137 remain closed to the public.
Disaster assistance is available island-wide to individuals and businesses in Hawaii County that have been affected by the Kilauea eruption.
- The Disaster Recovery Center is open daily from 8am to 8pm, and is located at the Keaau High School Gym. If you need a ride, buses will resume running between the two shelters and the Disaster Recovery Center between 7:30 am and 9:00 pm.
- For more resources to help you recover from this disaster, please visit the county website. (http://www.hawaiicounty.gov/lava-related/)
We are on watch 24-hours a day for your safety.
This is your Hawai‘i County Civil Defense Agency.”
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebar and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (Hawaii News Digest)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (Hawaii News Headlines)
https://hawaiiinternationalnews.blogspot.com (World News)
https://hawaiisciencedigest.com (Hawaii Science Digest)