Accessed on 17 June 2018, 0448 UTC, Post #17035.
Email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the current eruption and lava flow update from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency. Included in this report is the Hele-On Bus schedule for those seeking federal help during the ongoing lava flow emergency. The Disaster Recovery Center is located at the Keaau High School gym.
This is a Civil Defense Message for Saturday, June 16 at 6 pm.
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory reports that Fissure 8 in the lower East Rift Zone continues to be very active and is flowing into the ocean at Kapoho. Fissure 16 is oozing lava and is being monitored closely.
Civil Defense Authorities are advising people of the following for information on the East Rift Zone eruption:
- There is no immediate threat. Please only act on information obtained from agencies responsible for monitoring the volcano.
Please be advised of the following updates to the shuttle schedules for the Disaster Recovery Center or DRC at the Keaau High School Gym:
- The last bus leaves the Keaau High School Gym at 8 p.m.
- The last bus leaves the Pahoa Shelter at 6 p.m.
- There are continuous shuttles between the Keaau Armory & Keaau High School Parking Lot to Keaau High School Gym every 20 minutes beginning at 7:30 a.m.
- There are continuous shuttles between Pahoa Community Center and Keaau High School Gym every hour beginning at 7:30 a.m.
You will be notified of any changes that will affect your safety.
We are on watch 24-hours a day for your safety.
This is your Hawai‘i County Civil Defense Agency.”
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebar and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,