Accessed on 15 June 2018, 1927 UTC, Post #17026.
Email from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
This update contains additional information about the recently opened Disaster Recovery Center at the Keaau High School gym. A Hele-On Bus shuttle service will help lava flow victims get to the DRC for their forms and other materials needed by federal disaster response teams (FEMA).
This is a Civil Defense Message for Friday, June 15 at 8 in the morning.
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory reports that the eruption continues with little change in the lower East Rift Zone. The flow from Fissure 8 continues to enter the ocean at Kapoho Bay, producing a large laze plume. The National Weather Service reports heavy vog is blanketing the interior and southern parts of the island, impacting Hilo and wrapping around to Kona through the weekend.
Due to the air quality conditions, the following guidance is given.
- Do continue to be on the alert for air quality conditions around you. Limit outside activities and stay indoors if you have breathing issues.
- If you feel the effects of sulfur dioxide exposure shelter-in-place or leave the immediate area.
- You can monitor the latest air quality measurements through the University of Hawaii’s Vog Measurement and Prediction Project, athttp://mkwc.ifa.hawaii.edu/vmap/
Residents of Hawai‘i County who suffered damage or losses from the recent Kilauea volcanic eruption and earthquakes, can now register for disaster assistance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
The following is provided for your information:
- A Disaster Recovery Center or DRC, jointly operated by Hawaii County, the State of Hawaii, and FEMA is open daily from 8am to 8pm, and is located at the Keaau High School Gym.
- If you need a ride, buses will be running between the two shelters and the DRC between 7:30 am and 9 pm.
- The Keaau Armory shuttle runs every 20 minutes and the Pahoa Community Center Shelter every hour. The full bus schedule is below. It can also be found on our Civil Defense Website at www.HawaiiCounty.gov/Active-Alerts.
- For a list of the information you need to bring with you to the DRC, or if you want to register online, go to www.DisasterAssistance.gov.
We are on watch 24-hours a day for your safety.
This is your Hawai‘i County Civil Defense Agency.
Shuttle Bus Schedule
7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Route 1 – Keaau Armory and Keaau High School Parking Lot to Keaau High School Gym
Continuous shuttle every 20 mins
|7:30 a.m. Keaau Armory|
|7:35 a.m. Keaau High School Parking Lot|
|7:40 a.m. Keaau High School Gym|
|7:45 a.m. Parking Lot|
|7:50 a.m. Armory|
|7:55 a.m. Parking Lot|
|8:00 a.m. Gym|
|8:05 a.m. Parking Lot|
|8:10 a.m. Armory|
|Continuous until 9:00 p.m.|
Route 2 – Pahoa Community Center to Keaau High School Gym
Continuous shuttle every hour
|7:30 a.m. Pahoa Gym|
|7:35 a.m. Pahoa Community Center|
|8:00 a.m. Keaau High School Gym|
|8:30 a.m. Pahoa Gym|
|8:35 a.m. Pahoa Community Center|
|9:00 a.m. Keaau High School Gym|
|Continuous until 9:00 p.m.”|
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports updates, please check the blog sidebar and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,