Accessed on 16 June 2018, 0427 UTC, Post #17029.
Email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the latest eruption and lava flow message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency. Included in this report are Hele On Bus routes that will bring lava flow victims/evacuees to the Keaau High School gym for federal assistance processing.
This is a Civil Defense Message for Friday, June 15 at 6 in the evening.
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory reports that the eruption activity continues at Fissure 8 in the lower East Rift Zone. Lava is entering the ocean at Kapoho Bay and producing a large laze plume. An explosive event at the Kilauea summit earlier today produced an ash plume that rose up to 10,000 feet and dispersed. The National Weather Service reports heavy vog is blanketing the interior and southern parts of the island, impacting Hilo and wrapping around to Kona through the weekend.
Due to the hazardous air quality conditions, the following guidance is given.
- Do continue to be on the alert for air quality conditions around you. Limit outside activities and stay indoors if you have breathing issues.
- You can monitor the latest air quality measurements through the University of Hawaii’s Vog Measurement and Prediction Project, (http://mkwc.ifa.hawaii.edu/vmap/)
Residents of Hawai‘i County who suffered damage or losses from the recent Kilauea volcanic eruption and earthquakes, can now register for disaster assistance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
The following is provided for your information:
- The Disaster Recovery Center or DRC, is open daily from 8am to 8pm, and is located at the Keaau High School Gym.
- Shuttle buses will be running between the two shelters and the DRC from 7:30 am to 9 pm.
- The shuttles run every 20 minutes from the Keaau Armory, and every hour from the Pahoa Community Center shelter. The full bus schedule is listed below.
- For a list of the information you need to bring with you to the DRC, or if you want to register online, go to www.DisasterAssistance.gov.
We are on watch 24-hours a day for your safety.
This is your Hawai‘i County Civil Defense Agency.
Shuttle Bus Schedule
7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Route 1 – Keaau Armory and Keaau High School Parking Lot to Keaau High School Gym
Continuous shuttle every 20 mins
|7:30 a.m. Keaau Armory|
|7:35 a.m. Keaau High School Parking Lot|
|7:40 a.m. Keaau High School Gym|
|7:45 a.m. Parking Lot|
|7:50 a.m. Armory|
|7:55 a.m. Parking Lot|
|8:00 a.m. Gym|
|8:05 a.m. Parking Lot|
|8:10 a.m. Armory|
|Continuous until 9:00 p.m.|
Route 2 – Pahoa Community Center to Keaau High School Gym
Continuous shuttle every hour
|7:30 a.m. Pahoa Gym|
|7:35 a.m. Pahoa Community Center|
|8:00 a.m. Keaau High School Gym|
|8:30 a.m. Pahoa Gym|
|8:35 a.m. Pahoa Community Center|
|9:00 a.m. Keaau High School Gym|
|Continuous until 9:00 p.m.”|
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebar and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,