Accessed on 05 June 2018, 0117 UTC, Post #16952.
Email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the latest Hawaii County Civil Defense Eruption Update”
This is a Civil Defense Message for Monday, June 4 at 11:30 in the morning.
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory reports that Fissure 8 continues to feed a large channelized flow that entered the ocean in Kapoho Bay last night. The ocean entry remains active and is currently a half-mile wide. The flow is sending a large laze plume into the air along the coastline.
Due to the lava entering the ocean in Kapoho Bay, the following policies are in effect:
- Be aware of the laze hazard and stay away from any ocean plume.
- Health hazards of laze include lung damage, and eye and skin irritation.
- Be aware that the laze plume travels with the wind and can change direction without warning.
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory reports parts of the channelized flow from Fissure 8 are starting to break out and move north, approaching Waa Waa and Papaya Farms Road.
Due to the current volcanic activity, the following policies are in effect:
- There is no access to the lower Puna area, Highway 132, and Highway 137 due to lava inundation.
- Government Beach Road, between Kahakai Boulevard and Cinder Road, is open to Waa Waa and Papaya Farms Road residents only with official credentials. There is no curfew.
- Residents in this area should heed warnings from Civil Defense officials and be prepared to evacuate with little notice.
We are on watch 24-hours a day for your safety.
This is your Hawai‘i County Civil Defense Agency.
This e-mail has been sent to you by the COUNTY OF HAWAII. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from COUNTY OF HAWAII, please click here to unsubscribe.”
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (Hawaii News Digest)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (Hawaii News Headlines)
https://hawaiiinternationalnews.blogspot.com (World News)
https://hawaiisciencedigest.com (Hawaii Science Digest)