Accessed on 31 May 2018, 2107 UTC, Post #16922.
Email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Lava flows continue to inundate Lower Puna with escape routes along Highways 132 are closed. Here’s the current eruption and lava flow updates from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
10:16 AM (49 minutes ago)
A message from COUNTY OF HAWAII
This is a Civil Defense Message for Thursday, May 31 at 10:00 in the morning.
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory reports that lava from several fissures continues to move through Leilani Estates, Lanipuna Gardens and towards the Kapoho area. Fissure 8 is producing the most active flow with a channel that may overflow at any time.
Hawaii Fire Department reports that a flow in the area of Noni Farms Road is heading toward the Waa Waa area. Residents of Government Beach Road, Kapoho Beach Lots and Vacationland are at risk for isolation or lava inundation should a flow reach that area and are advised to be prepared to evacuate due to the possibility.
Due to the volcanic activity, the following policies are in effect:
- Evacuation area residents in Leilani Estates with approved credentials are allowed to enter from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. This curfew is strictly enforced for your safety.
- Residents requiring access to Kapoho Beach Lots, Government Beach Road, Vacationland, and the Waawaa area must provide approved credentials for entry. There will be no curfew enforced.
- Placards to enter these areas are available today only at the checkpoint located in Hawaiian Shores. Starting tomorrow, placards may be obtained at the Recovery Information and Assistance Center (RIAC) at the Pahoa Community Center,Monday thru Friday, 9 a.m to 3 p.m.
- Residents of threatened areas should heed Civil Defense warnings and be prepared to evacuate with little notice.
- Everyone is advised to stay away from active volcanic areas.
- Highway 132 is closed.
- Stay tuned to local radio stations for updates from Civil Defense.
We are on watch 24-hours a day for your safety.
This is your Hawai‘i County Civil Defense Agency.
This e-mail has been sent to you by the COUNTY OF HAWAII. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from COUNTY OF HAWAII, please click here to unsubscribe.
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports reports, please click the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (Hawaii News Digest)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (Hawaii News Headlines)
https://hawaiiinternationalnews.blogspot.com (World News)
https://hawaiisciencedigest.com (Hawaii Science Digest)