Accessed on 01 June 2018, 0516 UTC, Post #16926.
Email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the current eruption and lava flow update from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
7:05 PM (9 minutes ago)
A message from COUNTY OF HAWAII
This is a Civil Defense Message for Thursday, May 31 at 6:45 in the evening.
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory reports that vigorous lava eruptions continue in Leilani Estates and Lanipuna Gardens. Breaches in the channel formed by the Fissure 8 flow can happen without notice and result in rapid moving flows. Everyone is advised to stay away from active volcanic areas.
Due to the volcanic activity in the Kapoho area, the following policies are in effect:
- Hawaii Fire Department has evacuated residents in homes along Papaya Farms Road and Noni Farms Road. Any residents remaining should evacuate now.
For Kapoho, Vacationland, and Government Beach Road, the following policy is in effect:
- All residents of Vacationland and Kapoho Beach Lots are advised to evacuate and complete their evacuation by 6:00 p.m.,tomorrow, Friday, June 1 or risk the possibility of being isolated.
Due to the active volcanic eruptions, Mayor Kim has issued a mandatory evacuation order for part of Leilani Estates. The following policies are in effect:
- Mandatory evacuation is for areas east of Pomaikai Street in Leilani Estates.
- Residents have until 12:00 noon, tomorrow, Friday, June 1 to evacuate the mandatory evacuation area.
- Persons remaining in the mandatory evacuation area do so at their own risk with the knowledge that emergency responders may not be able to respond.
For your safety, heed warnings from Civil Defense officials and stay alert.
We are on watch 24-hours a day for your safety.
This is your Hawai‘i County Civil Defense Agency.
This e-mail has been sent to you by the COUNTY OF HAWAII. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from COUNTY OF HAWAII, please click here to unsubscribe.
If you need maps for the current lava flow, please visit this USGS website: https://volcanoes.usgs.gov/volcanoes/kilauea/multimedia_maps.html
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebars. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (Hawaii News Digest)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (Hawaii News Headlines)
https://hawaiiinternationalnews.blogspot.com (World News)
https://hawaiisciencedigest.com (Hawaii Science Digest)