Accessed on 30 May 2018, 0140 UTC, Post #16916.
Email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Lava continues to advance on Highway 137 and scattered homes in the Lower Puna District. Another moderately-sized earthquake was recorded this morning at the Kilauea Volcano summit. Here’s the current eruption and lava flow update from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
11:59 AM (3 hours ago)
A message from COUNTY OF HAWAII
This is a Civil Defense Message for Wednesday, May 30 at 12:00 noon.
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory reports that lava from several fissures continues to advance toward the Kapoho area. Residents of Kapoho Beach Lots and Vacationland are advised to evacuate. You are at risk of being isolated due to possible lava inundation of Beach Road near Four Corners.
Due to the lava activity the following policies are in effect:
- Flows are estimated to be less than 1/2 mile from Highway 137, north of Ahalenui County Park. Beach Road is restricted to resident traffic from Four Corners to Hawaiian Beaches to allow continued evacuations.
- Cell Phone and Telephone landline communications in the Kapoho area have been severely limited due to downed power and telephone lines. Please contact friends and relatives to make sure they’re safe.
- Highway 132 is closed.
- Stay tuned to local radio stations for updates from Civil Defense.
Due to changing conditions, the following is provided for your information:
- The Dept. of Health has received reports of children using N95 masks in school and outside. Please be advised masks are not intended for use by children or infants. Reduce their exposure by keeping them inside.
- High concentrations of SO2 are still present in the Leilani Estates area, where fissures continue to emit gasses.
- Residents close to any volcanic activity should remain alert and be prepared to voluntarily evacuate if necessary.
- A meeting to discuss vog and ash exposure is scheduled in the Kau District at the Robert Herkes Gym in Pahala at 5:30 in the evening.
We are on watch 24-hours a day for your safety.
This is your Hawai‘i County Civil Defense Agency.
This e-mail has been sent to you by the COUNTY OF HAWAII. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from COUNTY OF HAWAII, please click here to unsubscribe.
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (Hawaii News Digest)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (Hawaii News Headlines)
https://hawaiiinternationalnews.blogspot.com (World News)
https://hawaiisciencedigest.com (Hawaii Science Digest)