Accessed on 30 May 2018, 0413 UTC, Post #16911.
Email message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the latest eruption and lava flow message from the Hawaii Civil Defense Agency:
5:54 PM (16 minutes ago)
A message from COUNTY OF HAWAII
This is a Civil Defense Message for Tuesday, May 29 at 6:00 in the evening.
Highway 132 is closed from Lava Tree State Park to Four Corners due to a lava flow that has crossed the highway. HELCO reports that lava destroyed their equipment on Highway 132, causing a power outage in the Vacationland and Kapoho Beach Lots area. The area will be without power over an extended period of time.
Due to the lava activity the following policies are in effect:
- Only residents with placards are allowed to access Highway 137 beyond Four Corners.
- Residents close to any volcanic activity should remain alert and be prepared to voluntarily evacuate if necessary.
The following is provided for your information:
- Pele’s Hair which has fallen in the Pahoa area can cause skin, nose, eye and lung irritation.
- Stay inside or use ash masks for protection.
- The Dept. of Health has changed the venue for tomorrow’s meeting to discuss vog and ash exposure in the Kau District. It will be at the Robert Herkes Gym and Emergency Shelter in Pahala at 5:30 in the evening.
We are on watch 24-hours a day for your safety.
This is your Hawai‘i County Civil Defense Agency.
This e-mail has been sent to you by the COUNTY OF HAWAII. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from COUNTY OF HAWAII, please click here to unsubscribe.
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (Hawaii News Digest)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (Hawaii News Headlines)
https://hawaiiinternationalnews.blogspot.com (World News)
https://hawaiisciencedigest.com (Hawaii Science Digest)