Accessed on 29 May 2018, 0100 UTC, Post #16902.
Email from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the latest eruption and lava flow report from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
This is a Civil Defense Message for Monday, May 28 at 1:00 in the afternoon.
The National Weather Service reports light easterly winds are expected to push volcanic gases westward. This includes increased ash and sulfur dioxide downwind of the Kilauea summit and fissures on East Rift Zone. Leilani Estates has high levels of vog and sulfur dioxide.
Due to volcanic activity and weather changes, the following guidance is given:
- Take action to limit exposure to ash and volcanic gases by staying indoors or leaving the area.
- The Department of Health recommends limiting outside activities and stay indoors if you have breathing issues. If possible, close the windows and use your air conditioner.
- N-95 masks that were distributed are for ash particulate and do NOT protect from gasses or vapors, including SO2.
Regarding upcoming meetings:
- An eruption community information meeting will be held at the Pahoa High cafeteria on Tuesday, May 29 at 5 in the evening.
- A second meeting to discuss increasing vog and ash exposure in the Kau District will be held at the Kau High School multi-purpose room on Wednesday, May 30 at 5:30 in the evening.
HELCO reports that power interruptions are likely in the lower East Rift Zone. Due to the work in the area and the volcanic activity, the following is provided for your information:
- HELCO will be rerouting power to the Leilani Estates and the lower Puna areas starting at 3pm.
- Be aware of downed power lines. Always assume power lines are active and exercise extreme caution.
We are on watch 24-hours a day for your safety.
This is your Hawai’i County Civil Defense Agency.
This e-mail has been sent to you by the COUNTY OF HAWAII. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from COUNTY OF HAWAII, please click here to unsubscribe.
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports reports, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (Hawaii News Digest)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (Hawaii News Headlines)
https://hawaiiinternationalnews.blogspot.com (World News)
https://hawaiisciencedigest.com (Hawaii Science Digest)