Accessed on 28 May 2018, 1852 UTC, Post #16900.
Email from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the latest eruption and lava flow update from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency:
8:46 AM (3 minutes ago)
A message from COUNTY OF HAWAII
This is a Civil Defense Message for Monday, May 28 at 8:30 in the morning.
The National Weather Service reports light easterly winds are expected to push volcanic gases westward. This includes increased ash and sulfur dioxide downwind of the Kilauea summit and fissures on East Rift Zone.
The Hawaiian Volcano Observatory reports ash explosions continue. An ash explosion at Halemaumau crater pushed an ash cloud 13,000 feet into the air early this morning.
Due to volcanic activity and weather changes, the following guidance is given:
- Take action to limit exposure to ash and volcanic gases by staying indoors or leaving the area.
- The Department of Health recommends limiting outside activities and exercise. Drink plenty of fluids.
- If you have breathing problems, stay indoors with the windows closed. If possible, use your air conditioner.
- Ash and VOG may decrease visibility, so adjust your driving to the conditions.
- Stay alert for notice of changing conditions. Be advised to be ready to leave the area should conditions change.
- N-95 masks that were distributed are for ash particulate and do NOT protect from gasses or vapors, including SO2
A community information meeting will be held Wednesday, May 30 at 5:30 in the evening at the Kau High School multi-purpose room to discuss the increasing vog and ash exposure in the Kau District.
We are on watch 24-hours a day for your safety.
This is your Hawai’i County Civil Defense Agency
This e-mail has been sent to you by the COUNTY OF HAWAII. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from COUNTY OF HAWAII, please click here to unsubscribe.
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (Hawaii News Digest)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (Hawaii News Headlines)
https://hawaiiinternationalnews.blogspot.com (World News)
https://hawaiisciencedigest.com (Hawaii Science Digest)