Accessed on 26 May 2018, 2037 UTC, Post #16887.
Email from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the latest eruption and lava flow update from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency:
6:43 AM (3 hours ago)
A message from COUNTY OF HAWAII
This is a Civil Defense Message for Saturday, May 26 at 6:30 in the morning.
The Hawaiian Volcano Observatory reports lava flow activity in the East Rift Zone of Kilauea. The flow in Leilani Estates has slowed its advance and is 150 yards from Pohoiki Road. The flows to the South continue to enter the ocean near MacKenzie State Park. There were two minor steam explosions at the Kilauea summit over the night. There is no immediate lava threat to PGV.
Due to the changing conditions, the following policies are in effect:
- Take action to limit further exposure and be prepared to leave the area with little to no notice if necessary.
- Ash fallout may cause poor driving conditions. Drive with extreme caution, or pull over and park.
- Stay alert for warnings from Civil Defense officials.
To help our residents, we are distributing free masks for ash protection:
- Distribution is today from 9 AM to 1 PM at Cooper Center, Hawaiian Ocean View Community Center, Pahala Gym Annex and Naalehu Nutrition Center.
- Each person may receive up to three masks.
- Masks do not protect against gasses and vapors. They will only provide filtering for ash.
We are on watch 24-hours a day for your safety.
This is your Hawai‘i County Civil Defense Agency.
This e-mail has been sent to you by the COUNTY OF HAWAII. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from COUNTY OF HAWAII, please click here to unsubscribe.
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (Hawaii News Digest)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (Hawaii News Headlines)
https://hawaiiinternationalnews.blogspot.com (World News)
https://hawaiisciencedigest.com (Hawaii Science Digest)