Accessed on 11 May 2018, 0458 UTC, Post #16785.
Email from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the latest eruption and lava flow update from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency:
6:04 PM (51 minutes ago)
A message from COUNTY OF HAWAII
This is a Civil Defense Message for Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 6 PM.
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory (HVO) confirmed hazardous fumes continue to be released but no volcanic activity is present at this time
ACRES COVERED BY LAVA
- Visit the new link on the Civil Defense website for better public access to the eruption map: https://goo.gl/i7RbrB.
- Conditions permitting, Leilani Estates residents will be allowed to check on their property from 7 AM to 6 PM each day until further notice. Be prepared to evacuate at a moment’s notice.
- Civil Defense Recovery Information and Assistance Center (RIAC) at the Sacred Hearts Church in Pāhoa, Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 3 PM.
Road Status Update:
- Highway 130 is closed between Malama Street and Kamaili Road.
- Pohoiki Road is closed from Highway 132 to 137 due to cracks in the road.
- No access is allowed at this time for residents of Lanipuna Gardens due to dangerous volcanic gases.
- Puna Geothermal Venture (PGV) has completed the removal of all pentane gas offsite.
- The Kalapana Transfer Station is closed until further notice. The Pāhoa Transfer Station on Apaa Street is open 7 days a week, from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Hawai‘i Electric Light reminds residents to treat all downed lines as live. Under no circumstances are you to approach or touch downed lines.
- Emergency water restrictions for the Pohoiki, Vacationland and Kapoho area are still in effect while personnel work to restore service. Water spigots installed near the entrance of Lava Tree State Park and a water tanker in Vacationland are still available for the public to access.
- Evacuated residents can pick up their mail at the Pāhoa Post Office.
- The Hawai‘i County Police Department and the Prosecutor’s Office have established a policy of zero tolerance towards looting or vandalism. Under Emergency Provisions, any looting or vandalism will be treated as a felony.
- Contact the Humane Society for animal information.
- Hawai‘i Academy of Arts and Sciences is closed for the rest of the week.
- The evacuated residents are going through a very difficult time. We ask for your help and understanding.
- County, State and Federal partners continue to monitor the situation. You will be informed of any conditions that affect your safety.
Thank you. Have a safe night. This is your Hawai‘i County Civil Defense.
This e-mail has been sent to you by the COUNTY OF HAWAII. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from COUNTY OF HAWAII, please click here to unsubscribe.
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (Hawaii News Digest)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (Hawaii News Headlines)
https://hawaiiinternationalnews.blogspot.com (World News)
https://hawaiisciencedigest.com (Hawaii Science Digest)