Accessed on 10 May 2018, 0518 UTC, Post #16781.
Email from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the latest eruption update from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Eruption Update 050918 6pm
6:16 PM (58 minutes ago)
A message from COUNTY OF HAWAII
This is a Civil Defense Message for Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 6:00 PM
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory (HVO) confirms fissure 15 in Lanipuna Subdivision has paused. Hazardous fumes continue to be released.
ACRES COVERED BY LAVA
· Visit the new link on the Civil Defense website for better public access to the eruption map: https://goo.gl/i7RbrB.
· HPD evacuated 10 homes at 3:00pm on Alaili Road, west of Highway 130 between Malama Street and Kamaili Road due to steaming cracks in the road.
· Conditions permitting, Leilani Estates residents will be allowed to check on their property from 7 AM to 6 PM each day until further notice. Be prepared to evacuate at a moment’s notice.
· Civil Defense Recovery Information and Assistance Center (RIAC) at the Sacred Hearts Church in Pāhoa, Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 3 PM.
Road Status Update:
· Highway 130 is closed between Malama Street and Kamaili Road.
· Pohoiki Road is closed from Highway 132 to 137.
· No access is allowed at this time for residents of Lanipuna Gardens due to dangerous volcanic gases.
· Puna Geothermal Venture (PGV) is expediting the removal of hazardous materials offsite to Shipman Industrial Park.
o Mayor Kim assures that PGV hazards/risks will be mitigated in the best possible way.
· Spectrum has installed free Wi-Fi access at the Keaau Community Center, Pāhoa Community Center, Pāhoa Senior Center, Recovery Information and Assistance Center at Sacred Hearts Church, and the Food/Supply Center at the corner of Highway 130 and 132.
· The Kalapana Transfer Station is closed until further notice. The closure is due to the inability of the County’s commercial vehicles to safely access the site. The public can continue to use the Pāhoa Transfer Station, located in Pāhoa Village and open 7 days a week, from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
· Hawai‘i Electric Light reminds residents to treat all downed lines as live. Under no circumstances are you to approach or touch downed lines.
· Dept. of Water Supply has issued an Emergency water restriction for the Pohoiki, Vacationland and Kapoho area due to the impacts to the bypass waterline caused by the latest fissure event. Water spigots installed near the entrance of Lava Tree State Park and a water tanker in Vacationland are still available for the public to access.
· Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) is in effect. All aviation request are administered by the Fire Department.
· United States Postal Service announced that evacuated residents can pick up their mail at the Pāhoa Post Office.
· The Hawai‘i County Police Department and the Prosecutor’s Office have established a policy of zero tolerance towards looting or vandalism. Under Emergency Provisions, any looting or vandalism will be treated as a felony.
· DOH is working on updating SO2 data reporting online. Hawaii Interagency Vog Information Dashboard http:/ivhhn.org/vog.
· Contact the Humane Society for animal information.
· Pāhoa High, Intermediate and Elementary schools and Nāwahīokalani‘ōpu’u will be open tomorrow. Hawai‘i Academy of Arts and Sciences is closed for the rest of the week.
· The evacuated residents are going through a very difficult time. We ask for your help and understanding.
· County, State and Federal partners continue to monitor the situation. You will be informed of any conditions that affect your safety.
This e-mail has been sent to you by the COUNTY OF HAWAII. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from COUNTY OF HAWAII, please click here to unsubscribe.
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily.
Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (Hawaii News Digest)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (Hawaii News Headlines)
https://hawaiiinternationalnews.blogspot.com (World News)
https://hawaiisciencedigest.com (Hawaii Science Digest)