Accessed on 07 May 2018, 2354 UTC, Post #16765.
Email from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the latest Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency eruption and lava flow message:
11:25 AM (2 hours ago)
A message from COUNTY OF HAWAII
This is a Civil Defense Message for Monday, May 7 at 11:15 AM.
The East Rift Zone eruption in Leilani Subdivision continues. Hawaiian Volcano Observatory confirms that although volcanic activity has subsided, hazardous fumes continue in Leilani Estates Subdivision. Since the onset of this eruption, a total of 10 fissures have emerged, and 35 structures have been destroyed.
Due to the eruption, the following are issued:
- The County of Hawai‘i thanks Leilani Estates residents for their cooperation and patience during yesterday’s property retrieval effort.
- Conditions permitting, Leilani Estates residents will be allowed to check on their property from 7 AM to 6 PM each day until further notice. Follow the instructions of the authorities on scene. Be prepared to evacuate at a moment’s notice.
- Highway 130 is closed between Malama Street and Kamaili Road.
- A community meeting will be held tonight at Pāhoa High School Cafeteria at 5:30 PM. Event information and the status of services will be shared.
- Civil Defense has established a community information center at Sacred Hearts Church in Pāhoa, Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 3 PM.
- Hawai‘i Electric Light is working to try to keep power online. Treat all downed lines as live. Under no circumstances are you to approach or touch downed lines.
- The Department of Water Supply is working to establish a temporary bypass waterline to restore water service to the areas of Pohoiki, Vacationland, and Kapoho, we will keep you updated on this progress.
- A water truck for public use is located near the Vacationland mailboxes.
- No access is allowed at this time for residents of Lanipuna Gardens due to dangerous volcanic gases.
- Please, the residents of Leilani need our help. This is not the time for sightseeing. You can help tremendously by staying out of the area.
- Department of Education announced Pāhoa High, Intermediate and Elementary schools will be open today. Kua O Ka Lā, Hawai‘i Academy of Arts and Sciences, Nāwahīokalani‘ōpu’u and Ke Ana La’ahana are closed today.
- The Hawai‘i County Police Department and the Prosecutor’s Office have established a policy of zero tolerance towards looting or vandalism. Under Emergency Provisions, any looting or vandalism will be treated as a felony.
- Puna Geothermal Venture reports no activity at this time and the facility is secured. Precautionary measures are being taken to remove potentially flammable materials offsite.
The residents of Leilani Estates are going through a very difficult time. We ask for your understanding. We ask for your help.
County, State and Federal partners continue to monitor the situation. You will be informed of any conditions that affect your safety.
This e-mail has been sent to you by the COUNTY OF HAWAII. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from COUNTY OF HAWAII, please click here to unsubscribe.
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (Hawaii News Digest)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (Hawaii News Headlines)
https://hawaiiinternationalnews.blogspot.com (World News)
https://hawaiisciencedigest.com (Hawaii Science Digest)