Accessed on 08 May 2018, 0500 UTC, Post #16768.
Email from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the eruption and lava flow update from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency for Monday evening:
This is a Civil Defense Message for Monday, May 7, 2018 at 6:00 PM.
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory confirms volcanic activity has subsided at all 12 fissures, but hazardous fumes continues. Since the onset of this eruption, a total of 12 fissures have emerged, and 35 structures have been destroyed.
Due to the eruption, the following are issued:
· Conditions permitting, Leilani Estates residents will be allowed to check on their property from 7 AM to 6 PM each day until further notice. Follow the instructions of the authorities on scene. Be prepared to evacuate at a moment’s notice.
· Civil Defense has established a community information center at Sacred Hearts Church in Pāhoa, Monday to Friday from9 AM to 3 PM.
· Entry placard registration for residents wishing to retrieve personal items will be issued throughout the week at the community information center.
· Hawai‘i Electric Light reminds residents to treat all downed lines as live. Under no circumstances are you to approach or touch downed lines.
· The Department of Water Supply personnel confirm water repairs on Pohoiki Road are completed. The water line is currently being recharged.
· A water truck for public use is located near the Vacationland mailboxes.
· No access is allowed at this time for residents of Lanipuna Gardens due to dangerous volcanic gases.
· Department of Education announced Pāhoa High, Intermediate and Elementary schools and Ke Ana La’ahana will be open tomorrow. Kua O Ka Lā, Hawai‘i Academy of Arts and Sciences, Nāwahīokalani‘ōpu’u are closed tomorrow.
· United States Postal Service announced that evacuated residents can pick up their mail at the Pahoa Post Office.
· Please, the residents of Leilani need our help. This is not the time for sightseeing. You can help tremendously by staying out of the area.
· The Hawai‘i County Police Department and the Prosecutor’s Office have established a policy of zero tolerance towards looting or vandalism. Under Emergency Provisions, any looting or vandalism will be treated as a felony.
· Puna Geothermal Venture reports no activity at this time and the facility is secured. Precautionary measures are being taken to remove flammable materials offsite.
The residents of Leilani Estates are going through a very difficult time. We ask for your understanding. We ask for your help.
County, State and Federal partners continue to monitor the situation. You will be informed of any conditions that affect your safety.
This e-mail has been sent to you by the COUNTY OF HAWAII. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from COUNTY OF HAWAII, please click here to unsubscribe.
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (Hawaii News Digest)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (Hawaii News Headlines)
https://hawaiiinternationalnews.blogspot.com (World News)
https://hawaiisciencedigest.com (Hawaii Science Digest)