Accessed on 23 March 2018, 0432 UTC, Post #16545.
Source: Email from Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.
Here’s the latest Flash Flood Watch message from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency:
11:58 AM (6 hours ago)
A message from COUNTY OF HAWAII
This is a Flash Flood message for Friday, March 23 at Noon.
The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for Hawaii Island. A Flash Flood Watch means flooding is possible.
Heavy rain with possible thunderstorms and high winds are forecast from Saturday through Sunday. Winter weather conditions for high elevations are also expected.
Due to the Flash Flood Watch, the following are issued:
- Residents in flood-prone areas are advised to be on the alert for possible flooding conditions.
- Motorists are advised to exercise caution while driving. Road closures may occur without notice.
- Be on the alert for possible malfunction of traffic signals. Treat flashing traffic lights as a four-way stop.
- Remember, if lightning does threaten your area, the safest place to be is indoors.
- Expect possible interruptions in your utility services.
- Take measures to secure items around your property that may be affected by strong winds. Complete all preparations before nightfall.
- Consider canceling or postponing outdoor activities until conditions improve.
You will be updated of any changes in conditions that may affect your safety.
Thank you. Have a safe weekend. This is your Hawai’i County Civil Defense Agency.
This e-mail has been sent to you by the COUNTY OF HAWAII. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from COUNTY OF HAWAII, please click here to unsubscribe.
For the latest Hawaii Island, West Hawaii, Hawaii State, and local sports news, please check the blog sidebars and links. These news feeds are updated daily. Thanks for joining us today.
Until next time,
https://hawaiinewsdigest.net (Hawaii News Digest)
https://hawaiinewsdigest.com (Hawaii News Headlines)
https://hawaiiinternationalnews.blogspot.com (World News)
http://hawaiisciencedigest.com (Hawaii Science Digest)